Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sometimes Timing Just isn't Right

I feel like this is the theme for my life lately. My dream is to live in Mountain Green or some place very similar to that. I occasionally browse the lots on ksl or the mls. But usually the lots are far to expensive to fit in the budget along with construction costs. A couple weeks ago I was looking and found a new development that had just about everything we are looking for and it fit in our budget! I called Matt and tried to calmly explain what I had found. He looked at them and was equally impressed. So I called the agent to get more information and took a drive up to see if it was as good as it looked. When we arrived I knew we were in trouble it was everything that we wanted and more. 
The lot that we fell in love with is 1.71 acres in a small subdivision with fantastic views. After about a week we contacted the agent to see if they could meet us up there and show us around. Everything lined up great and we more than anything wanted to put an offer in on the lot but the timing isn't right. Right now we are paying about 12,000 a year for Matt to finish his masters degree and doing everything on one income. I was/am still heart broken but Matt and I both racked our brains wondering how we could make it work. But ultimately after much thought and prayer came to the sad realization that at this point trying to make something work would only put us in a bad financial situation later. We both became discouraged and I fund myself praying to understand. And strangely enough as silly as it sounds my prayer was answered. All in due time was all I could think in my head and then a small voice remind me that when we are ready there will be something better out there for us. My initial thought was better...reallly? This is everything we think we want and more. But alas the truth is that we can't see into the future and we have to hold onto the small moments when the Lord reminds us that he has all things planned we just have to have faith. And for the moment I am at peace with that and I am attempting to move forward and holding onto the feelings I felt. After we got home I was looking through my phone pictures and found these that the girls had taken while waiting in the car while Matt and I looked at the lot.
 
A small but subtle reminder of what is really important. Sure I could go back to work full time and we could buy what ever we wanted but our ultimate priority is our family. I never wanted to become a mom so someone else could raise them. Although being a mom is hard and learning patience is even harder I feel it will be worth it in the end. Who knows maybe the lot will still be for sale when we are ready:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment