Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Eve

We aren't big New Years Eve people but aren't opposed to getting together and having some fun. With working at the hospital I have to work at least one holiday and New Years is always the 1st choice. So I worked the morning of New Years Eve and got home about 4pm took a quick shower and we were on the road to Tremonton to meet up with the rest of Matt's family.  We got there just in time for family pictures(I'll post later don't have them yet). Just a side note Matt did a great job at getting both girls ready(dressed, hair done, ect) before I got home so they were ready to leave when I arrived. Then it was time for dinner.


After dinner we let the kids open their gifts(we drew names with the cousins) and we were pretty happy with what everyone had come up with. Gracie got this darling penguin towel that she absolutely loves
And Hallie got a cute messenger bag that you decorate by yourself. She has had a great time coloring the way she likes it.
While we were opening gifts Gracie found a candy cane and went to sit under this little table to eat  it...we got a good laugh out of it
Matt and I received a lamination machine and sheets to use with it from Nick and Brit 
Then it was time for some games for the adults and movie time to keep the kids entertained


The adults even played the Newlywed Game it was my favorite and I hopefully we will get a chance to play it again. It was fun to hear all the stories and answers to the questions.
Then we headed for home. I was beyond exhausted and well past all of our bedtimes. Once we got home and everyone bathed we all watched the ball drop on the 10pm news and then off to bed. Happy New Years!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment