Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Day Out

 I have found myself getting a little stir crazy lately with Matt gone most of the time the girls and I spend a lot of time home by ourselves. It seems like we go through spurts of seeing family a lot and then not so much and maybe after the holidays I always have withdrawals I don't know but the last couple of weeks I have really missed my sisters. I have missed the face to face chats, the kids laughing as they play together, and just overall being together. So last week I called Kim got her work schedule and set a day to head down to hang out. After preschool got out Nic and I headed for Riverton. Nic was a few minutes behind me since Kinley was asleep when we left so I headed to get Kim and Luke and then we met up with Nic and the kids at Ikea and did mostly browsing but a little shopping. I think we all have grand ideas of redecorating and Ikea is a great place to dream and scheme so to speak. The kids loved testing out all the furniture and running around together. Luckily there weren't many people there and so we could still keep an eye on them. After we were done at Ikea we all headed out to Herriman High School to watch Ezra coach the girls basketball team for their game. It was a lot of fun. Nic, Kim, and I all really got into the game so it was a good thing our kids just ran up and down the bleachers behind us. Poor Rigs ate it a couple times and ended up with some good bruises on his forehead but they just kept on playing. Hallie and Rigs we so funny. We were trying to explain to them when to yell defense and when to yell pass the ball, take it to the basket ect. Hallie would cheer something really loud and Rigs was like a little echo. The kids were all really good for the game. We had al packed plenty of snacks to share which kept them happy when they would get restless.Here is a picture of there cheering section.
After the game Nic headed for home since Kyle was going to be home from work early. Kim and I loaded up the kids and went in search of dinner. We ended up and Zupas and had a yummy dinner before we went back to Kimber's. Once back at Kim's we changed bums, got everyone pottied, and pjs on before we started a movie. The kids played and watched a movie while Kimber and I talked and caught up on life and she was able to show me the houses they had put bids in on. After the movie was over we loaded up and headed for home about 8:30.  Its hard to explain but I came home that day feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. Hallie has already asked when we can go cheer for Ez again. I think days like this day keep me mentally sane. Love my sisters and their willingness to make time to spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment