Saturday, December 13, 2014

Festival of the Trees-2014

Life around here has been crazy so its nice to get out and go do fun things while having some adult interaction. Last year my sisters and I took the kids to festival of the trees and it was a hit so I think it will become a yearly tradition. We were bummed that Kimber wasn't here to come but such is life now that she lives in Las Vegas. The girls and I headed for Nic's house as soon as Hallie got out of Kindergarten. We al grabbed some lunch at Arby's which is becoming the favorite place to stop these days for lunch. Once we got to the festival we decided to wait to see Santa first. The kids were all really excited and it was nice that the kids could watch the stage nearby with various dancing groups performing while we waited.
No one cried this year!! Not even a sad face everyone was happy to see Santa and tell him what they wanted.
Hallie told Santa she wanted a Mulan Barbie and Gracie some little einstein dolls. Both were a surprise for me but hey we are at the age that it changes all the time. So we will have to see what Santa brings

Hallie was so excited about the gingerbread houses especially the Frozen ones. Gracie on the other hand was to busy eating her candy cane. They were so detailed I can't imagine the work that went into them.
This was Rig's favorite tree
After we finished wandering through all the displays we stopped by the candy shop and let the kids each pick a treat. Hallie picked a container of gummies, Gracie a caramel pretzel rod, and Nic and I had caramel apples that we shared withe the kids. Then we headed for home. We stopped at Nic's and just hung out. Since Matt was out of town and Kyle was working late none of us were in a hurry to do anything so we just visited while the kids played. I love the relationship I have with my sisters. Life is so busy but its always nice to know that we can clear out a day and just spend time with each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment