Friday, December 5, 2014

Showings, Showings, and more Showings....Plus our Angel Tree Picks

Over the past month we have had showings here and there for at most a couple hours. We have tried to get creative with what we do but Monday was a whole new experience. With Thanksgiving over I think people are back on the home search at least for a couple weeks until it slows down for Christmas. Saturday we had 3 appt set up for Monday but not until later in the day so I got up and started our usual Monday morning routine. It was also the 1st Monday in the month so I stripped all the beds and got the laundry started then the texts started to come in and our 3 showings turned into 5! I was thrilled hoping that this would mean an offer or two but completely overwhelmed with what I needed to get accomplished before everyone arrived. So I busted my butt and got everything done and then we left. The girls and I decided to head to Zupas for lunch before finishing some of our Christmas shopping. Then we ran Hallie to dance and I attempted to figure out what we were going to do for dinner. After I called Matt we decided we should plan on going out since we had 2 showings around dinner time but we needed to stay busy for about 2 1/2 hours so a great solution for us was Moviegrille where we could eat and watch a movie which would take longer than just going to dinner. So as soon as Matt got home we headed to the theater. It was a nice break from the day. After the movie we noticed the theater was doing an angel tree so we let the girls each pick a child. Hallie has asked everyday since when we get to go shopping for the kids. I'm glad she enjoys serving others and I love this tradition for our little family. Here the girls are with their names.

 Tuesday we had a 2nd showing for one of the couples that came on Monday...fingers crossed that means good things for us. PS I am never moving or selling my house again it is horrible!!! I was lucky and got Gracie down for an early nap and then we headed out. I asked the kids where they wanted to go and Hallie said the park so that is where we went. We pulled into the parking lot just in time to see 3 deer sitting not more than 15 feet from the car. The girls thought it was so cool. Hallie said, "Why did the deer cross the road....this is not a joke?" I couldn't help but laugh. Then we got out. Some people before us had sprinkled the entire bank by this bench with what looked like bird seed and just about every duck came right over to have some. They were so close! Gracie was a little nervous they were going to eat her but of coarse they didn't!

 Their colors were amazing
Then we headed to the playground for about 30 minutes before we started to get cold. The kids ran, jumped, and played. They squealed and laughed it was really cute. We even did some rock climbing before we decided to head home for some hot chocolate and cookies. Although it has been really hard to always get out of the house and get it ready it has been fun to be out and about with the girls doing a variety of things and making memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment