Friday, December 5, 2014

Krissy's Bridal Shower

To end our crazy Thanksgiving weekend we had a wedding shower on Saturday that I was in charge of. I think it turned out really well since Tiff and Ris were in town and could attend. We stuck to doing things pretty simply. Brit borrowed us the flag banner so we did our colors based on that it worked great.


It ended up being Joy, me, Brit, Tiff, and Ris and a bunch of Krissy's friends and mission companions so I was really glad we had done a combined shower!



 The Brower Group

I wanted to do something that wouldn't require a ton of prep or work during the shower. So we did a waffle and hot chocolate bar. It was a huge success! I made regular, classic, and chocolate waffle batters as well as handful of different syrups. Since becoming gluten free I have found making things from scratch is something that doesn't take much more time but make a huge difference. There is something about things that are homemade that just tastes better.
Then Krissy opened her presents...and was really embarrassed!

The little girls spent most of their time in the gym playing and planning plays and songs. Then of coarse they had to perform them so we temporarily moved the shower to the gym.

 I am so grateful for Matt and what a huge help he is to me he truly is my other half! Although he had a ton that needed to get done he came with me and made sure we got everything started and that I didn't over do it. Then he sat in the mother's room, did homework, and when we were done helped clean it all up...he is the best!
A big thanks to Brit for being the official photographer for the entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment