Saturday, December 13, 2014

SOLD!!!

Life around here has been crazy...to say the least! Our house is under contract and the even more exciting and crazy part is that it is a cash offer! We were asking 163,800. We are closing on the 18th and they were nice enough to give us until the 28th to be out but then we wouldn't have much of a Christmas so Matt really wants to move the 20th so I guess we will see how it goes and what we get done. It has been stressful some times more than others trying to find a place to live and realizing that we have less than 2 weeks before we have to be out. We were also supposed to close on our lot the 29th but the seller isn't returning calls from our agent, the title company, or us so we have started looking for a new lot anticipating the seller will back out or just not show up to closing. Here is a breakdown of how crazy this schedule has been 
Fri 12/5 We had a showing at 4pm and received an offer from them that same night about 7pm. The offer was 159000 with 6,000 in concessions/closing costs lower than what we wanted but a starting point still the same. What really helped us is that we had 2 buyers that were undecided that wanted to be notified if we received an offer so when we notified them we ended up with 2 offers instead of 1
Sat 12/6 We received the 2nd offer Sat about 9pm. This was a cash offer from a lawyer in Texas wanting to buy the property for his son and his roomates to live in while they attend school at Weber State. He offered 159,500 so we decided to take it. We had anticipated closing on the 29th but when the offer came through the process had been moved up in time. So we started to look for apartments that night. We had a hard time deciding how much space we could and wanted to live in especially taking into account that we will be adding another baby in May. Gracie dressed herself this morning and I decided to just let her be. I love her little sense of self and personality.
Tues 12/9 I called to make appt on apartments for the following day when Matt would be back in town only to find out that both of our top picks had appts for that day and had had a lot of interest expressed. I was panicked so I made appts for that day and decided the girls and I would have to check them out by ourselves. The one I thought would be my favorite was. It is a little outdated but clean and has good space. I called Matt and we decided to put in our application. It is a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathrooms with 2 good size family rooms, outside fenced spaced, 2 car carport, and a laundry/storage room. It is just under 2300 sq and I think with some sprucing up will be great with us.
Wed 12/10 We had our inspections and the final walk through today with the buyer so the girls and I spent our day out and about doing our sub for Santa shopping and having lunch. It was nice to get out of our craziness and focus on helping someone else. As soon as Matt was off work I took him to see it and he agreed it was something we could make work for us so we made the call and the lease agreement was put together. Which is a huge stress relief for me.
Once again we ended up at Arby's for lunch...the girls thought it was really cool we got to eat in the restaurant.

Sat 12/13 We spent most of our day packing the basement which was a great start. The girls were a great help for the most part they wanted to watch shows but occasionally taped or wrote on a box.
Wed 12/17 I have to stop by the rental office and get our lease for Matt and I to look over.
Thur 12/18 We are having the carpets cleaned and then close later that afternoon. 
Friday 12/19 Turn in our lease and get the keys. Then I have my big 19 week ultrasound.It went really well she is looking great and growing perfectly. She is actually a week and a half a head of dates which we are completely ok with. After Nic come to help me clean the apartment from top to bottom so we can move on Sat. Everything funded


Sat 12/20-Moving Day
Then who knows after that...lots of unpacking and getting settled. It is crazy right now but I couldn't imagine going through all of this without Matt he is my rock and the one thing that keeps me sane. He is definitely my keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment