Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gracie's 3 Yr Check Up

37 in tall and 31 lbs which are both 50%
This past week I took Gracie in for her 3 year check. When I took Hallie the first week of Oct their pediatrician actually suggested I wait to bring Gracie in for her yearly unless I had concerns since its right in the middle of "sick" season. But now with the weather being so beautiful it really feels like spring so we made the appt and went. She has such a big personality and is such a joy to have in our home. When we were getting ready to go to the dr she wanted to take her purse and sunglasses she is really a ham. 
 When we got to the dr everything went great. The dr said she is at least a year developmentally and is extremely bright...which I completely agree. She can count to 20, knows all her letter and numbers, and is getting really good at letter sounds. Her vocabulary is pretty extensive and she speaks very clearly. They had forgotten to give her her last Hep A in the series at her last well child check so she had to have one shot. When the dr told me I explained to Grace she needed one shot. Her face was so sad and she said, "Its going to hurt, huh?" Yup sweet girl it is but only for a second and I will hold you. And she was good to go. She cried for a minute or two but then was fine. It broke my heart when she said,"Mommy that really hurt, I need some loves." She also got a sucker she was quite pleased with. She thinks she is so grown up. I was cuddling her the other morning and told her how much I loved her and that she would always be my baby. To which she replied Im not the baby their is a baby in your tummy...remember mom? I had to laugh but it made me sad to think she is growing so fast and really seems to grasp that we will be adding a baby to our family soon. We sure love our Gracie Goo and the sunshine and joy she brings into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment