Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me...31!!

Yup that is right I just turned 31 and just like when I turned 30 it doesn't feel any different. Friday night Matt and I took the girls to Moviegrille for dinner and a movie. It was a lot of fun. Matt was able to come home a little early from work although I knew he had a ton he still needed to get done it was nice to have him home.We saw Alexander and the terrible no good very bad day. It was pretty funny and kept us all entertained I love the way it ended and bought the point of what being a family is truly all about...being together. The girls were great and the recliners never disappoint.
Saturday was my actual birthday we played it low key most of the day. We all slept until about nine which is always nice to have some extra cuddle time with Matt where he doesn't have to get up and out the door. I was sung to, kissed, and wished happy birthday at least a dozen times by noon by multiple friends, family, but mostly by Matt and the girls. Its nice to have people remember your birthday and go out of their way to let you know they are thinking of you. That evening we had invited over some friends we had decided to keep it pretty low key. We had the Turners, Lindseys, and Corey & Mindy as well as their families. Matt and I made a couple soups and everyone brought a snack to share. I made blueberry cheesecake with cinnamon graham cracker crust which was amazing. We ate and visited the plan was to play games but we never made it that far...we had to much fun talking. The kids had a great time playing and entertained themselves really well and pretty quietly. About 9 pm we called it a night. Once Matt and I got the girls to bed we spent the rest of our evening cuddled on the couch watching a movie and I would have had it no other way.
This is me celebrating my 31st birthday as well as 22 weeks pregnant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment