Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ants, Washer, Bugs, & Water....What Next?

Our little condo has been pretty great for us for most of the time we have lived here but lately things haven't been so great. A couple months ago we got an infestation of ants in the kitchen. They quickly became a pretty big problem. After a call to our landlord they set up pest control and they came out to spray. I was highly unimpressed by all the crap they left sprayed all over my house! I was really angry and upset but it was already done and I made mental note never to hire them to treat our house. A couple weeks later I found a black widow on the back patio in the kids play house. I called the complany and they told me they were unable to help me since they were on the exterior of the house...it was a joke. The closer we get to moving the more annoyed I get with stupid situations like this. A couple weeks later our washer stopped working. Our landlord came to "fix" it since he was to cheap to hire a repair man. After several hours and a handful of bandaids he could no longer figure out how to put it back together again! So defeated he left and said he was going to buy a refurbished washer the following day. A couple days later they returned with the "new" washer and put it into place. I ran a cycle to clean it and left it to sit until the following Monday when I do my laundry. Over the weekend we started to notice cockroaches in the kitchen and Sunday night Matt went to check on Hallie and found them coming up the stairwell. I wanted to scream, cry, and punch someone all at the same time. I hate creepy crawly things and the thought of them coexisting with us is pretty unbearable. I spent most of the night thinking about the nasty things! First thing bright and early about 5:30am I got up and called Truly Nolen(the best exterminator ever) they had one remaining appt for that day and Matt and I decided the roaches must be coming from the washer so we hauled the washer up the stairs and out to the carport. When the sun came up I called our landlords to let them know and tell them I had lined everything up so it would get done correctly. They were pretty good and agreed we needed to get them taken care of quickly. It took about a week and 2 treatments but we haven't seen a bug in about 2 weeks. They returned the washing machine and had to buy a real new one. I think its probably the most expensive "deal" of a washer they have ever gotten.
This week I noticed water coming thru the ceiling in the kitchen and once again called the landlord. He once again wanted to take the cheap route and try to fix it himself/ Somehow he thinks 3 bottles of drano and some sheet roc mud will fix the problem! He is an idiot. I thought they may have learned their lesson with the washer but I guess not. Can we move out yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment