Monday, October 12, 2015

Liberty Pumpkin Patch

Saturday was so crazy. Em had a rough night and so we didn't get a block of sleep until about 6am! I knew something was up but not sure what. When she got up Saturday morning I knew right away she had a fever and a yucky green nose. Matt had already left for the house since Chris was able to come up and help him with the deck for the day. I had to get a bunch of stuff ready since I had been asked to teach a home decor class and a frugal neighbor gift class in our ward at our super saturday. Em was so sad and I was really overwhelmed but felt it would be ok. It started at noon but we had to be at the church to set up my display at 11 so we all got ready and headed that direction. Once we were set up I took the girls back to a neighbors house so they could play while I did my classes. I kept Em with me and one of the sweet sisters in the ward worn my moby wrap and held her while I taught. She was miserable and everytime she heard my voice she would whine. I felt so terrible so after I taught we picked up the other girls and headed home. I gave Em a bath and fed her just trying to help her feel better. I felt like we needed to go for a ride and I really wanted to go to the gluten free expo in Salt Lake so the girls and I headed for Salt Lake. Em was asleep before we left our complex and slept until we were ready to head back home. The expo was nice its like Christmas and so nice to go somewhere that I can eat pretty much anything they have out. We got some samples and headed back home. Before we did that we fed Em and then once again she fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot. By the time I got home we were all exhausted. Matt came home shortly after us with the intention of going to the Utes football game for work stuff but decided to stay home and just be with us. I know it was a hard decision for him but I was so grateful to have him home. Hoping Sunday will be more relaxed. 
Isn't this darling little house so perfect for this time of year? I'm so in love with it and the whole concept of living in a small town like this...or close to it. This just so happens to be in Liberty. Just on the other side of the lake from us. When I saw this I knew we just had to take the girls to pick their own pumpkins and have some pictures in front of this darling little house. Sunday we needed to get out of the house Emery and Gracie both have had a yucky nose and Em ran a fever on Saturday so we decided to skip out on church and take it easy. After lunch we loaded up to go for a ride. We stopped by the house to check progress then headed to Liberty to get pumpkins from this darling place.
Hallie was like a kid in a candy store. She would run from one pumpkin to the next yelling that it was the perfect one until she decided otherwise and moved onto another one. After about 45 minutes and everyone had a pumpkin we told her she had to make up her mind so we could leave. Then she walked over to another one and said this is it and then we could head for home.

Gracie loved carrying her pumpkin for all of 10 seconds then it was to heavy
For instance this is one of the ones she loved until the top broke off and then it was not good anymore



Gracie and Hallie both wanted a turn holding Emery for a picture it went way better than what I thought it might go. Emery has been pretty clingy since she hasn't been feeling well.
Matt turned on the voice activator on the phone camera. In the middle of pics Em burped and spit on herself while we were cleaning her up Gracie took some pictures of us...lol

I love this little family of mine
Silly and all
It was a fun little thing to get out of the house as a family. We have really missed our quiet fun family time just being us. The had tons of pumpkins to choose from they also had blue pumpkins that were cool. I have never seen a blue pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment