Sunday, November 8, 2015

Black Island Farms 2015

Black Island Farms is always a fall favorite. We usually go with the NICU mom group but since Kimber was coming I got a group together so we could go when she came over Halloween. Although the whole plan blew up in my face when my group of 45 decreased to 10 due to a bunch of flakey people. I wont try to put something together again. But we went and had a great time with our little family. I asked Hallie if she would rather go with us or to her class party. She didn't even hesitate before saying Black Island Farms....thats my girl. Since we went so late in Oct it was a little on the cool side but the kids were super excited for the wagon ride to pick their pumpkin.
Our cute family of 5
Em was even excited about being outside. We just dressed her in her winder outfit so she would stay warm

It was nice that our group was little to go out into the field. Our "tour guide" made multiple stops to show us different things that grew on the farm and let the kids keep all that he showed us. We learned about broom corn, sunflowers, cabbage, corn, and carrots. Before we got to the pumpkin patch and learned about pumpkins before picking them.
This cute girl was one of the first to pick hers and then she would set it down to help someone else and then couldn't find her pumpkin anymore I think this is the one we ended up with but who really know..lol


Hallie loved this one since it was one of the biggest ones there. I love that they are all so little so everyone can carry their own
Em even loved the little tiny pumpkin we picked for her. She kept smiling and giggling. It was so cute.

The Pruess's joined us. We really like them and the girls love their little Hallie
Had to get a picture by the tractor and the beauty around us. I love open space like this. I don't know if its because I was raised around it or why?
I love each one of these people with all my heart. They are my world and the reason I get out of bed every morning

The driver gave Hallie this sunflower and she can't wait to plan them next spring at the new house. She even ate a few of the seeds along the way
After the hayride it was time to have some fun in the play space
I love Matt and his silly side. I'm always glad when he can take some time off and spend the day with us.
We had to feed our veggies from the hayride to the animals even though it sad not to. This is one of the girls favorite parts but I guess a little kids got bit and some family tried to sue them so they have to post the sign. We took our chances and fed them.
We spent a little time on the slide and swings before we called in quits since we were cold and we needed to get to Manor Care to go trick or treating
We all love this place and I hope will continue to do this as a tradition each year as the kids get older

No comments:

Post a Comment