Sunday, November 8, 2015

Family Weekend

My mom and dad came up this past weekend. My dad came to do some hunting and help finalize some wiring and my mom was just along for the ride. They got here about 1 but first my mom had to get her shopping fix. About 6:30 she called and was at Nic's house so we headed that way to hang out. Nic's kids love Em and helping with her. Kinley was thrilled when I asked if she wanted to feed Em.  
 Saturday morning the girls and I got up and going and went to Home Depot to get some mud for the basement, a jigsaw, and some trim to do the board and baton. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal but I started to realize it was going to be a lot of work when I started lifting the mud boxes...they were so heavy! I had to have 2 carts to get everything on it and then it was almost to heavy to push but the girls were having a good time.
 By the time we got the 2nd cart full the girls were done. Em was asleep and the kids were ready for lunch.
 I asked for help to load the truck and the nice guy said I was a man's woman and that any guy would be lucky to have someone like me. AT that moment it made all of the struggle ok. I thanked him and went on my way. Later we headed up to the house to meet Nic and my mom. Kyle and my dad had gone up earlier to help Matt get things done on the house. When we got there we had lunch and did a few things that needed to be done. Grandma Harris and Aunt Jeanette drove up to check out our progress too. The kids really enjoyed playing in the back of the truck. 
 We had to leave to fill up the propane tanks  and of coarse everyone wanted a ride in the back of the truck. The kids said it was the coolest thing ever.


After the ride we cleaned up some of the dry wall in the front yard since they are coming to dump the dumpster on Monday and then it was getting cold so we called it a day. It was a fun day at the house. Hopefully next time they visit we are moved in and all settled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment