Sunday, November 8, 2015

Manor Care & Sure Steel Trick or Treat

After leaving Black Island Farms we headed straight to Manor Care to do trick or treating. This is another fun tradition we have been doing for the past 5 years since I quit working there. I love the interaction the kids get with the residents and that they are in a warm safe place. I think they love it because of all the candy they get. At the end they always have treats of some kind. This year it was cookies and apple cider.

After our cookies and cider we jumped in the car and headed to Matt's work for their company party. They had trick or treating, bounce houses, a pinata, and of coarse dinner. They had dutch oven catered and it was actually pretty good. 


What a fun but exhausting day. I love all these traditions but next year we will not be cramming them all into one day! It was exhausting for sure. After we left Sure Steel we went home and just relaxed on the couch from our crazy day. Saturday, actual Halloween, we spent working on the house. The girls and I headed home about 4pm everyone was tired but I felt like I should give the girls the choice as to whether or not they wanted to go trick or treating. I gave them the choice of either going trick or treating or to order pizza and watch a movie. To my surprise they picked the later. Before we went home we stopped by home depot to grab some stuff for Matt and then picked up the pizza on the way home. Home Depot was awesome no one was anywhere we went. I think I should shop more on holidays. We got home just as Matt did and we spent the remainder of our night eating pizza, watching movies, and handing out candy. When we tucked the girls into bed I asked Hallie if she wished we had gone trick or treating to which she replied she like handing out the candy more than trick or treating for herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment