Sunday, November 8, 2015

Emery 6 Months...Growing & Changing

Weight-15lbs 9.5oz(40%)
Height-25.5 inches(30%)
Head 16 5/8 in(45%)
I'm not really sure where the last 6 months have gone but they have flown by. Im sure building a house and other various things in life don't help the situation though. This little girl is so special to us. She has brought so much joy and fun to our family. Sometimes you just don't want your picture taken! In this one I had waited just a little to long to decide to take her picture and she was tired and done. But she still looked really cute
This cute girl has started rolling. Mostly tummy to back. I don't think she has quite found the desire to go from back to tummy but all in due time. Im fine with her not being mobile and would like her to stay that way at least until we move to the new house.

Her two sisters adore her and have found the perfect balance between ignoring her and mauling her. They are both super helpful and do a great job holding and helping me with Emery. I know several people warned me about how hard 3 kids would be but it hasn't been anymore of an adjustment than having 2. We love these 3 little blessings in our lives.
She is pretty go with the flow but really likes to sleep in her bed. When she is tired she just wants to be put in her crib so she can sleep Now that she has started sleeping on her tummy she no longer naps super great in her car seat which sucks some days since we are on the run. She has been sleeping through the night consistently for a while but we have had a few hiccups that we have had to work thru but she has since found her groove again. If she does wake up she just needs her binki and then goes back to sleep. Most times she can find her binki herself since she isn't bundled. Funny thing is she often rolls over to her back sometime during the night although she wont go to sleep if you put her on her back
Gracie likes to have Em watch a show with her in the morning after we get Hallie on the bus. Its fun to watch how Em reacts to her sisters. I think she adores them just as much as they adore her.
Getting Hallie to the bus in the morning is still and will probably always be a challenge. I miss letting my kids sleepin until they wake up and I hate dragging all 3 of them out in the cold to get to the bus. With Em sleeping on her belly it has helped in some ways. Most mornings I wrap the blanket around her, flip her over, and put her in her carseat without her even knowing. Luckily the bus stop is just down the street. I think in the new house I will buy a monitor with a great range so I can leave them home in bed while I run Hallie ot the bus!
This girl eat/chews/sucks on most things She loves her hands, feet, and someone elses hands. Hopefully she stays that flexible. 

Chewing away until she realized I was taking pictures of her. 
She is such a perfect mix of Hallie and Grace. She has Hallie's eyes and Gracie's chubby cheeks. Just last week we changed her to size 2 diapers and 6-9 month clothes. She is staying pretty true to size. For the last month she has only been nursing in the mornings but has since decided she doesn't want to do that either so I have resorted to pumping so she is getting some of my milk but it is getting less and less all the time as well. I can usually pump about 8-10 ounces in a day and will probably shortly stop pumping. She seems to do ok on formula. She is by far my spittiest baby ever but it seems to be with both formula and breast milk. She usually eats about 6 oz every 3 hours during the day and has started to find a real interest when we are eating...baby food to come shortly.







No comments:

Post a Comment