Thursday, July 13, 2017

Brower Family Vacation

At the beginning of the summer we were all concerned that we wouldn't have much beach to play on because of all the wonderful moisture we have received but as the summer has gone on the beach has peeked out. So the day before everyone arrived the girls and I headed down to see what we could find. Hallie was at a play date so we had fun without her....although it is really odd to only have 2 kids.
Becuase we were just going to scope out the beach I didn't put the girls in their swimsuits and Em definitely made me realize that was a mistake quickly. This girl loves the lake and everything about it
After we picked up Hallie we went back to play and then Gracie decided she wasn't feeling good. She just wanted to sit on my lap while the other girls played...which was ok with me
Friday we were happy to get on the water on the beautiful day. It didn't take long for the kids to decide they wanted to ski. They all did great



Matt and Carson kneeboarding(for the first time) 

Somehow we talked Joy into tubing with us. We had a fun little ride and what the memories we made
These kids were tubing fools
Our beach spot

Hallie skiing...she's gotten really good this summer
Uncle Nick on double skis
She was so tired and finally gave in and went to sleep. I love when she sleeps when I hold her


As the storm rolled in we quickly got everything gathered and headed for the ramp only to run out of gas! I mean come on we looked like amatures! As we sat in the middle of the lake we tried to figure out what to do. We started paddling with the paddle board ores but we didn't get far. They we luckily saw a boat coming and waved them down. They were nice enough to town us in. About half way to the ramp it started pouring. I quickly tucked Em under my feet to keep her out of the weather and the constructed Tiff a place to stay out of the weather. It was freezing and it felt like the tow took forever but we made it. Matt jumped out to get the truck and I stood freezing in the water. Some teenage boys saw me and offered to help so they helped me wade thru the water to the ramp. By that point Matt was waiting for me so we pulled the boat onto the trailer and headed home. I don't know that I have even been that thrilled to go home...lol



That evening we had grilled pizza(because they are fast) and enjoyed just hanging out and visiting while we got warm. Saturday the boys golfed in the morning and we prepped everything for dinner and made Carson a birthday cake and then headed down to Maddy and Kenzie's soccer game. Then we came back and were so thrilled we were all able to be together. We ate dutch over and played a new game called 9 square it was a huge hit. We may be building ourselves one in the near future. 


Sunday Carson received the priesthood we were happy to be there for the ordination but after we were all so tired but we went to have dinner and then bailed early. Sometimes I have no desire to be involved in the conversations that are sometimes had. Kerry started giving Matt crap about not coming to help him on the house and I was done. He never asks him with enough notice for Matt to make sure he is there and he is gone a lot so I was annoyed so we decided to call it a day and a weekend
Im glad that everyone decided to still come together and do this weekend despite the situation with Brayden. I think it was good for us to be together and do something fun


No comments:

Post a Comment