Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Sleep? First Time Blowing The Driveway

I have tried several things trying to help this little guy sleep on his own during the day but nothing we've had good success with. We have tried a bouncer with a vibration option. 2 different swings. He highly disliked the mamaroo so we bought a regular sing that also had a vibration option and we get limited amounts of nap time in there. I feel like I have broke every mom rule but we are just trying to get him to sleep so I can get something done. He occasionally likes his carrier but likes to be held like the picture below and the carrier puts him strain up and down so that's a bummer. On a positive note I may have the most tone arms in no time from holding him.
I like to be productive and get things done so being pregnant and recently having a baby has been hard for me since I can't do everything I would like to. Im starting to feel more like myself and on this particular day I decided it was time to get out and clear the driveway since Matt wasn't home. It can be frustrating living where we do that no one really helps us but we're also pretty independent so usually we do ok. Liam was very cooperative and slept the entire time. I bundled him and put him the in the baby carrier and put a hat on him then wore Matt's winter coat on top zipper up to protect him from the cold and noise. I tried putting ear protection on him but his head is just so little. When I got him out he was sweaty so I think it's safe to day he was warm.
I have been trying to be more consistent at laying him down or at least trying to with naps and once in a while he actually sleeps a little bit. I think the longest I've ever gotten is an hour but hey I'll take what I can get. It's hard to complain since he sleeps so well at night and really is a happy baby he just requires more attention round the clock than my other girls did but were trying to get things figured out because I want him to get the rest he needs while also being able to spend time with the girls and still being able to keep up on the house


No comments:

Post a Comment