Thursday, February 6, 2014

Daddy turns 30...we need more hours in a day

So as I have mentioned before Matt's schedule is crazy to put it nicely. I really don't know he keeps up with all of it and stay sane. Knowing his birthday was midweek I knew a celebration wasn't going to happen so we decided to celebrate on Super Bowl Sunday. Gracie helped me make a cheesecake and was even willing to taste test it for me...although I didn't have to beg.. 
 We invited some family but they were unable to come so we invited some of our new friends Chris and Katie Johnson. We had a great time eating and getting to know them. The game wasn't anything to get excited about since it was a complete blowout so it was a good thing we had food and friends to enjoy.
 On Matt's actual birthday (a Thursday) I wanted to do something fun since he will be the big 3-0 but sadly he has a big test in his class so after working all day he will spend his birthday at class. We tried to make the best of it. The girls and I surprised Matt at work with balloons, presents, and some mini cheesecakes to share with his coworkers. And then he made some time to go to lunch with us. He picked Iggys. We had a fun time just being together.
 After lunch we walked back to the car. I love that he tries to make the most of his time with all of us. He never ceases to amaze me.
Once we got back to the car we gave him the rest of his presents curbside(tacky yes but it was either that or once he got home and the girls were in bed)
 He got a new hat he has been wanting and a few other little things. 
Oh how I love this guy of mine. I feel extremely blessed to have him in my and our girls lives. He does so much for us and deserves the world. Love you babes...happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment