Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cousins makes the best friends

I love to watch the kids play with their cousins. I have a lot of fun memories of playing with my cousins and growing up together. It has always been something I wanted for my kids as well and it just so works out that my sisters are great in all of us getting together. Saturday Nic's friend (Laura T.) got married in the Brigham temple and we got to watch the kids. The girls and I went to the store to get some fun snacks/treats for our fun day. They had this M&M man set up as a display and the girls were fascinated by.
 Nic and Kyle dropped the kids off about 11 am and it didn't take long for us to find something else fun to occupy our time. Matt had a lot of homework he needed to get done so I did my best to keep the kids downstairs and for the most part quiet. They were great! We build a huge blanket fort. I remember growing up my mom had quite a few encyclopedias and we would use those to hold the blankets but we don't have that many big books and is seemed really dangerous to put heavy books on top of blankets that could be pulled down on top of the kids so we used daddy's clamps and clips out of the garage to hold it all together. They were pretty pleased with the end results
 Gracie is obsessed with Kinley she always wants to be where she is and loves to give her hugs and kisses. This day was no different she kept bringing her babies and these two played so well together
Then on Wed Nic called to let me know she was coming to Ogden to get a few things and wanted to get together. The girls and I were thrilled to have visitors. After we did some grocery shopping and Nic finished her errands we met up at Maceys for some lunch. The kids were so funny and pretty much entertained themselves while Nic and I talked. Hallie and Rigs got very inventive with their tater babies and turned them into fire rods that they were sword fighting with. Needless to saw Nic and I ate more than the kids. 
 Love Rigs face he was very into the "fire sticks"
After lunch we all came back to our house and had cookies and we just let the kids play while Nic and I once again enjoyed some adult time. I think I love cousin time just as much as the kids. They all play so well together and I get some adult conversation with some of my favorite people.






No comments:

Post a Comment