Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sometimes you just have to get out

This semester has been hard for our family. Matt is busier than he ever has been and in turn that means when he is home he isn't really home he is always having to read, work on projects, or other school stuff. He really is doing the best he can but there is still only a certain hours in a day. Friday morning while the girls and I were getting ready Halli accidentally kicked me in the eye. I was upset and was short with Hallie and told her to hold still. She started to cry, I was crying, and at that moment Gracie ran into something and started to cry as well. I called Matt needing to vent momentarily he suggested taking in easy and having a movie and pj day. After I got off the phone with him I realized that by doing that it wouldn't really help us so I called Nic to ask about the mommy and me class she had taken Riggs to at Get Air. After I got the info from her I decided we were going. I quickly finished getting the girls ready and headed to Kaysville. Rigs and Kinley were both sick so Nic was going to take them to the dr and meet up with us after. The mommy and me class is basically they don't allow kids over 5 years and they do a set price(a mom and child is $8 and for each additional child is $2). The girls were both so excited and quickly got their stuff put in the cubby and off they went. We had a blast!!! The day quickly turned around. We were laughing and having a great time together. It was just the outlet we needed. Hallie's favorite was the slide into the foam pit. such a little girl in a big pit.

 Gracie's favorite was the floor full of tramps she ran from one to the next.
 They played the full 2 hours with a few rests and drink breaks
 Once we left the park we headed to Nic's house. We all ate lunch and played/visited for about an hour before heading home for a much needed nap time. The girls both slept for 2 hours after that Gracie came out and was still tired so we snuggled up and both fell asleep until I woke up to Hallie taking pictures of us sleeping....silly girl. 
It was a great kind of day and reminded me that no matter how poorly my day starts I always have the choice to make it better. We all had a really great time and one of those activities I felt like we all equally enjoyed ourselves and the time we spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment