Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Health

Sometimes slowing down and realizing you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others is hard and frankly a pain in the butt but what can you do. In Feb and March I had a handful of heart palpitations and my dr decided we should look further into it to be safe instead of sorry. Matt and I agreed and schedule my heart echo-cardiogram to make sure everything was looking "normal." And then while waiting for an opening I had the flare with my UC. While looking for a direction of help with my UC I found a friend whom had used NAET testing with herself and her little boy with amazing results. How it works it they test your muscles for sensitivities. They do this by placing a vile of a chemical compound in your palm and test your muscle strength. If you are sensitive your arm will fall from weakness and then they use acupressure to correct your imbalance and essentially retrain your body not to react to the particular food or substance. At my 1st visit I asked the dr what I could expect(what I would give to just eat a pizza hut pizza and kfc without getting sick) he said it could be anything from no longer being sensitive at all to being minimally sensitive and just limiting my intake.  After discussing it Matt and I decided to give it a shot and see what happened. So now I see a dr twice a week for "treatments" which are in Layton. Its very inconvenient and cluttering my simple life I really love but I am trying to better myself so I can better take care of others. I feel like I am supposed to be learning something from this whether to better my life or the life of someone I come into contact with so I am trying to focus on that. Fingers crossed hoping for great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment