Saturday, April 12, 2014

Zoo Time

We have been waiting for the weather to warm up enough to make it to the zoo. Kimber said it needed to be about 70 so when we say the weather for this week we coordinated and found that Thurs was best for all of us. When we picked this day I had no idea it was sibling day but it was a great day to celebrate anyways. I picked Nic up after Hallie go tout of preschool and we headed for the zoo. When we got there I was a little nervous the parking lot was packed but we decided to give it a go and if it was to busy we would go find something else to do but it wasn't to bad. We decided to go backwards in the rotation to try to miss some of the crowd. The kids love to climb on these rocks and when I asked to take a picture of them Hallie and Rigs insisted on posing while Gracie seemed a little more clueless as to what they were doing.
 We seem to always take a break at the giraffes and have drinks and snacks which also seems like a great time to take pictures.
 When we got to the sea lions the kids sat down in anticipation for the show to start but as they sat down rigs said, "no waiting I the otter show"...it was quite funny and he had us all laughing.
 The kids spent most of their time asking about the slash pad and I found myself wondering if we should have just gone to Gateway to let them play in the water. But they seemed to have a great time looking at the animal sand chasing and playing with each other. Luke and Kinley were also there but Kim had Luke in a backpack and Kinley was in the stroller.
 After we left we decided we wanted to stop and get a cool treat but also needed some food for some of us so we found a local Wendys and it was just what we needed on this extra warm outing of ours. The kids all loved their frostys...can't you just see the joy on Hallie's face?!?

I was super excited that 2 days in a row I had felt pretty good. Until on the way home form the zoo we had to stop for multiple potty breaks. Thank heavens Nic was with me so i could just leave the kids with her. One of these days it will all get worked out Im just trying to be patient. All and all it was a great day and I had such a fun time hanging out with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment