Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Fun with the Parrish's

After some crazy weeks I had the feeling we needed to head to Logan and visit Erin. It worked out so well that we had nothing going on the next day so I text Erin and we made plans. Matt was out of town as well so it was a great time to get out and do some fun stuff. The girls and I got up and ready and left about 10. We headed to Erin's house so she could show us her new place. From there we went to pick up KFC and then to the a cool park I had heard about called Ryan's Playground. I of coarse forgot to take pictures but we enjoyed eating our lunch but mostly playing and catching up. Erin is such an example to me of a faithful person. She has had some many tough trials in her and her families lives and she just keeps on smiling. I know after getting to know her that this doesn't come easily but she chooses to try to make the best of every situation. One of her bad days is uncomprehendable to me and I in no way shape or form hope to go thru anything she has experienced. We are two of the most unlikely friends that you could possibly meet and yet we have such a love for one another. Even though we don't live close I still feel the desire to be in her life and help her to succeed in any way I can. After the park we went to show the kids where they make cheese...Gossners. I have such great memories of going to Gossners as a kid. We would get cheese curds and occasionally ice cream. So of coarse that is what we got the kids. I think they were all pretty pleased with their decisions. 
I swear Gracie can make her face a mess eating just about anything
After our cheese pit stop we went back to Erin's to change our close and head to Hyrum Dam to swim and play in the water. When we got there it was a little chilly and because the water was so low the beach was pretty much no existent but we made the best of it and had a good time.

The kids swam and played with the beach toys. Then they went on a hunt to find seashells and chased some birds.
We only stayed for an hour before it started to get cold and the babies were exhausted. We had such a fun filled day I was sad to see it come to an end. As we were both driving away I remembered we hadn't taken a single picture of both of us the entire day. Luckily she was willing to turn around and then we got one. Im so grateful for this girl and her happiness in her simple life is such an example to me. When things get tough she just holds on tight for the ride. I was so glad I made the decision to go up and visit. It was a great day with a great friend






No comments:

Post a Comment