Wednesday, August 24, 2016

To The County Fair With All The Cousins

The fair is one of my favorite time of year. I have so many memories growing up and going to the fair and the awesome parade. I was beyond thrilled when Kimber told me her and the kids were going to come and stay with us the week of the fair so they could come go with us. The kids loved all the floats but mostly the treats but who can blame them....its what I remember most.

Joy was nice enough to save some seats so we would all have a good place to see the parade and catch candy...chairs and all
I love Kimber she is blunt and says it like it is like me but has a bit more of a filter and usually finds a less offensive way to get her point across or get what she wants. I hate that she lives so far away, that she works all the time, and that her house is to little for me to go stay with her...lol the end. When we were younger we would fight and not get along and now she is one of my best friends and someone I always look forward to talking to and spending time with. I feel very blessed to have her in my life. She loves me for who I am and one of the few people I can really be myself with.
A few minutes after the parade started Nic & Ky got there to join us. The cousins were so excited to be back together. I love the bond and love they have for each other.

Luke was pretty excited about the huge minion

I wasn't sure what Em would think of the parade if she would think it was to loud or be scared but she loved it. When the band came by she walked off the curb and sat herself on the street to get a front row seat for the show.
Popsicles were a definite like from the parade and luckily we had a whole pack of wipes to clean them up afterwards
This was Lydi's first experience with a popsicle and she loved it.
The men in our lives prefer to stay in the background and soak up the shade
After the parade we headed to the fair for some dinner and to see the animals mostly. Only Gracie wanted to put her face in the circle but once she did it then everyone wanted a turn.



Before heading to the animals we got balloons from one of the stands and when we stopped to visit they had a ball chasing each other and screaming/squealing at the top of their lungs. Luckily it wasn't to crowded because I hated to brake up the fun. 


We had so much fun visiting and seeing the animals that before we knew it it was 10pm and we were needing to head home....but first a stop at kents to get corn. Tremonton corn really is the best! Matt was a good sport and stayed in the car with the kids while Kim and I ran in. I guess Em was sad after we left so they took some pictures to pass the time.

The fair just like every other year didn't disappoint. Its fun to see old friends, get good food, and feel like a kid again. This is a tradition that Matt and I will continue to do with our kids for as long as we can. It was a fun day with all of us together


No comments:

Post a Comment