Friday, August 26, 2016

Our Weekend With Cousins

Luckily for us Kimber was able to get a couple days off work so they got here just in time on Wed for the parade and were able to stay until Sunday. The kids played and played and played. I was so glad we had the backyard done so they could let their imaginations just go and have a good time.

Nem was a little to interested in Lydi and just hasn't quite figure out how to be soft. She pulled her hair bows out several times...making her cry of coarse. So when they were both awake we had to watch them closely.

Thursday consisted of more playing in our pjs and just hanging out. Nic wasn't feeling well so she stayed home to try and get feeling better
It worked and on Friday she was able to join us in going to the lake. It was a little cool with Fall in the air. The wind was blowing and Matt and I had a hard time getting the boat anchored into the beach but once we did we managed to get a couple hours of good playing in. We did a little tubing but the water wasn't good for much more than that but it was nice to be out in the sun and the kids loved playing in the water.

And of coarse we had to feed the seagulls




Lydi in her little life jacket right before she fell asleep
And she's out
These silly kids got in some warm clothes and were ready to go again...and miracously they all looked at the camera at one time
Later that night we got out the smore supplies and had a great time eating sticky marshmallows with lots of chocolate...fun was had by all. We have really enjoyed the fire pit and I hope there is going to be more time to use it more before it gets to cold.


We loved having Kimber and the kids come to stay with us. Im so grateful she was willing to make the 8 hour drive by herself to come spend some time with Nic and I and our kids. I love that we are all raising kids at the same time. We laugh, cry, and bounce ideas off each other. I really think it has brought us closer than ever. I'm so grateful for my sister and the part they play in my life. They are amazing in so many ways and I'm grateful for the part they play in my kids lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment