Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hallie's 1st Day of 2nd Grade

Hallie started 2nd grade on August 23rd. She was really excited and I was sad that it was yet another reminder that summer is coming to a close. She is at Valley Elementary is Mrs. Truett's class. She was very excited to have some of the same kids in her class as last year. She is a little mother to most everyone around her making sure everyone is taking care of. She is an excellent reader and super friendly. She is thoughtful and kind and tries to make the extra effort both at home and at school. She picks up on things so easily and the things she doesn't she gets slightly frustrated shortly before figuring it out. She can sound out just about any word. She recently decided to learn how to tie her shoes after us trying to talk her into once she found cute shoes that tie. She had it down in about 5 minutes...stubborn girl. Matt and I are so proud of the amazing little girl she is although it does make me sad to see her grow up so quickly the times I get frustrated I remind myself that someday I will miss all the extra work and attention my kids needed when they were younger so I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute.






No comments:

Post a Comment