Friday, August 5, 2016

Our Week Of Sickness

After boating over the weekend we found out our friends had a stomach bug that we quickly acquired as well. Em started to not feel well on Sunday and by Monday evening she threw up a couple times then seemed fine. Then again on Tuesday she threw up again and had a fever but by later that day she seemed to be good to go.
Wednesday with everyone seeming ok we decided to venture to Tremonton and the Aladdin play
Em seemed fine thru most of the play aside from tired. I thought for sure after the play she would be asleep by the time we got to Grandma's house but she wasn't. I filled her bottle and sat down to feed her when she decided to barf again! All over her freshly cleaned carpet and kitchen floor. Grandma was so great and helped me cleaned everything up and wasn't mad at all. After she threw up I felt like we should head for home but grandma gave her some 7up and crackers and gave me a tour of her yard. The girls begged her to push them They call her "ducky" grandma which I think is so cute and they love to go visit her.

After about an hour I decided we better make a run for home and get Em taken care of. Although she never threw up again she felt pretty yucky and Wed night the diarrhea started. Over the next 3 days we just stayed home and took it easy. I ended up calling in sick to work on Friday to take care of Em and she finally got a good nap in on Friday morning after a couple sleepless nights and feeling so yucky. 
Finally on Saturday morning it seemed like there was a light at the end of the tunnel when the diarrhea slowed down and she was acting hungry again. Of coarse fresh air never hurt anyone either.

After Sunday came and no one else was sick  I thought we were in the clear. Monday I went to work and when I got home I found Hallie on the couch feeling yucky. I called in sick for work on Tuesday and luckily after a good nights sleep she was good and ready to go again.
I'm hoping that is all the sickness we have for a long while it doesn't seem like it has been long enough since last winter/spring when it seemed like we were sick all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment