Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve

New Years Eve really isn't something we look forward to and with all the holiday choices we always choose to work New Years Eve/Day. This year was no different and I ended up being scheduled to work New Years Day. Ashley invited us over for a New Years Eve party so we figured we would go over for a little bit before coming home and going to bed. At about 630 I got a call that they had no one in labor and so they were putting me on call. We ended up having a great time and decided to stay later than we had planned. By about 10 Em was so tired and done that we packed up and headed home. But before that we had some snacks and played a game of Wacky Six. Matt and I used to play that with his family all the time but it seems in recent years we don't really play games anymore. It was fun to play it again. I was sad I didn't take any pictures but we had a great time anyways. We came home and got the kids to bed and headed to bed just before 11 just in case I got called in. The next morning we woke up and I never ended up getting called into work. We went to church at our new 11 oclock time and it was packed. I guess we will see how this new schedule goes.
I feel like this year I have learned and grown a lot within myself. I am not a big one that loves resolutions. I feel like once January is over the resolutions are forgotten until the following year. But I unintentionally made some for myself and didn't realize until Matt and I were talking about our yearly goals. I'm going to make a better effort to take care of myself because lets be honest I spend the majority of my time taking care of everyone else. Secondly I want to do a better job of encouraging and loving the people around me. Over the last year I have found several quotes about cutting negative people out of my life or people that don't encourage or help make me want to be a better person. I have now taken a step back and want to make sure that I myself is that person. That people come to for support and encouragement. I can be very judgmental and I really want to improve upon that. 
Im not sure what 2017 has in store for our little family but I hope that it includes health, wealth, and a whole lot of fun and maybe just maybe the decision to add another little friend to our home. Only time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment