Sunday, December 18, 2016

Norr Cabin Trip...Day 4

Sunday morning we had cinnamon rolls and orange juice(Nic & Kyle's tradition) after getting packed up to head for home. The kids were so funny chasing each other around and playing. Somehow they ended up doing this train thing and it continued until we headed for home. I love each of these crazy kids even the ones that aren't actually mine, I have found that I have a special bond with each of my sisters kids one that I have never experienced anywhere else. I love them as close to I have even loved another child like my own. I'm grateful for that and the relationship I have with not only them but my sisters.

All of us girls
All of us siblings
I love this little family of mine and the weekend we had with my family

We were all tired from all the fun. Em was so tired but refused to sleep in the car there were times she just cried and there was nothing we could do to fix it. So we watched a lot of Little Einsteins and Mickey Clubhouse. When we got home we unpacked and got settled. We put everyone in the tub early and after giving Em her bottle we were cuddling and she totally fell asleep. That never happens but after the busy weekend I really wasn't surprised. 
I really did enjoy the cabin and spending so much undivided time with my family. I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year. Having conversations that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise. Just a few side notes that I want to mention. I learned a few things about myself and my I am the way I am this weekend. I noticed my mom making negative comments about herself multiple times throughout the weekend...mostly about her physical appearance. After she made one of the comments I asked my mom if she ever said positive things about herself. I could tell I had caught her off guard so I asked if she ever thought nice things about herself. She said no. And in that moment I realized why I had grown up with the complexes I had. I don't want our girls to grow up like that. I want them to view themselves as a daughter of God that has been so blessed with talents. That they are beautiful inside and out. Secondly I need to take my own advice the first part of the trip I was so concerned with making sure that everyone was taken care of that I wasn't even having a good time. I was just stressed about it. Matt and I had a heart to heart and I realized that when people don't need me I'm worried they will leave. That there would be no other reason for them to stay if they don't need something from me. I have also found that this is a big issue with several of the nurses I work with. I need to realize that I have value to add to peoples lives without just being used. I never went on this trip expecting to grow but I have and I'm grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment