Friday, December 16, 2016

Norr Cabin Trip...Day 2

Friday morning Papa was in charge of making breakfast since that's something he usually does. We had pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and eggs. It was yummy and we quickly found our bellies full. 
Em was so funny with Lydi and wanted share all of her food. Lydi was pretty patient until Em fed her eye..lol I love these 2(they are only 9 months apart) and I'm sure they will be great friends.
Im not sure who was more excited about opening presents Kimber or the kids. Although the original plan was to wait and open them that evening after Christmas dinner they were dying to be opened. So we let the kids each open their gifts from Grandma & Papa. We had a "gift" chair and unless you were sitting in it you couldn't open a gift. Emmy got some books and a stuffed turtle


Gracie got a Jasmine doll, along with a cute new outfit


Hallie got some fun sticker kits and bead kit

Then we headed outside to check out the surroundings and find us a good sledding hill. We all got bundled up and headed out. We had gotten about 6 inches of snow the night before so we were excited to do some sledding.
We sledded in about every configuration possible it was so much fun. We sledded on one of the semi main roads we posted an adult at the tp and the bottom to watch for cars. Luckily we never saw any other cars and the hill was perfect. I haven't been sledding...like really sledding in years. It was seriously so much fun









This is Maddi, Gracie, Kim, Lydi, Papa, and Emery

Our group picture! It was so fun to all be together and just be having fun



Here is our cabin from the road it had 7 bedroom and 5 bathrooms at just over 4000 sq feet it was the perfect size for our families


Hallie, Kinley, and Nate having the time of their lives

The hill was a bugger to climb back up though feeling the burn for sure

Hallie and Kinley made up a song about hot chocolate that was so funny you could hear them singing it constantly








After about 90 minutes toes started to get cold so we decided it was time for a hot cocoa and movie break for some of us. The others stayed out to play for longer
Hallie stayed out with Matt and the other boys. They went exploring and found a playhouse covered in snow with a slide


After we warmed up a bit Gracie opened her birthday present from Luke...can you tell she was excited?
She got new Elena of Avelor dress up shoes...she loves them 
Then grandma got out one of her crafts she brought for the kids to do. They decorated foam wreaths
After they finished their wreaths we decided to do gag gifts while the babies were down for naps. Some of them were really funny and of coarse inappropriate
While we finished dinner the kids did some just dance. I was really glad we had taken it. We debated since it was a pain to get all the wires out of their sleeves behind the wall. We also decided to just take the just dance games knowing that the video games would just cause problems with sharing. It was a great call on all accounts. The kids were so funny to watch..even the babies got involved. Luke who has always been to cool to dance didn't want anything to do with it...just isn't his thing. 
This particular night we did Christmas dinner. But before dinner we wanted to open gifts. Ez and Kyle had to run to the store to get a Rx for Rigs and while we waited I busted out this game our friends gave us. It was a huge hit and super silly


While we were being silly Em found her way into the game room and read some stories(I love the love my kids have for reading)
Then finally it was time to open presents. This time we went from oldest kid to youngest since we had done the reverse earlier in the day. Hallie got boots, some crafting activities, and  new silky pjs
The other kids were very patient waiting their turn
Gracie got a book, silky pjs, 
Emy got a cute new shirt and some bows






All in all it was a fantastic day so many memories made and fun times spent together. That night we had Christmas dinner and just enjoyed being together. I had a come to Jesus moment with myself and Matt. Although its hard to explain I'm going to do my best. I feel like I have never had more than a few true friends. Having the personality I have I seem to attract people who need me instead of want me and when they don't need me then our friendship kinda dissolves until they need me again. I feel like unless I'm helping/serving someone I hold no purpose. Although logically I know that sounds silly 

No comments:

Post a Comment