Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Mothers Day 2014

On Saturday night before putting Hallie to bed she mentioned that we should clean up the few toys on the floor. I told her they would wait til tomorrow she said we need to do it tonight tomorrow is your day off its mother's day. Oh if that were true but it was a great day nonetheless. Sunday morning I got up to get our coconut cupcakes in the oven before getting all of us ready for church. When we got to church Gracie was terrified when I went to drop her off at nursery and clung to my leg. She is never like that so I decided to give her some time and took her to R.S. with me. After about 10 minutes she asked for a snack. I told her if she wanted a snack she needed to go to nursery she settled back in and listened for about 5 more minutes before wanting to get down and play. I once again told her if she wanted to play she needed to go to nursery. After that she said nursery please so I took her and in she went....silly girl. Hallie was super excited for church since they kids got to sing in sacrament meeting and colored me a bookmark in primary. We hurried home after church to put the finishing touches on lunch before Kerry, Joy, Chris, and Trac joined us for lunch. We really like doing lunch it allows for us to have a lot more time to visit and play games before it is time to get everyone ready for bed. Matt's parents got here just after 1 and we got the grill going. We had chili lime pork chops, corn on the cob, pasta salad, and coconut cupcakes. I love having guests to try new recipes on and get feedback to make them better. Kerry was so nice he said that the pork chops were probably the best meat he had ever had and that he didn't even like cupcakes but he ate 2 of them because they were delicious. When people think of me I want them to say wow that girl is a good cook! After we finished lunch Gracie asked for a nap so I laid her down and we decided to open presents. 
 Matt and I got Joy a nine generation genealogy fan framed. I saw one a while ago at a craft fair and thought they were so cool...she seemed pretty pleased with it.
 Chris got Joy a love you to the moon and back necklace. As a little boy it is something that Joy always said to him so it has special meaning for just the two of them.
Then it was time for some games. Joy hadn't been her 15 minutes when she asked if we could play know it or blow it again. We laughed but were happy to oblige so that is just what we played. About an hour into the game we got a surprise call from Nate. We wrapped up our game and said goodbye to our guests. I felt like we were chasing Matt's parents out but Matt's mom was very understanding and said talking to a missionary is precious time she wanted us to have....I really appreciated her understanding. I was under the impression he was just going to talk to my mom. Sometimes the stress of getting everyone together technologically is crazy and we wanted my mom to just be able to talk to him with out the stress on Mother's Day but I guess Nate had asked to talk to all of us. Since it was a surprise Nic was at Ron and Jill's and didn't have anything to be part of the conversation so here is our group for the day. I think Nate was most shocked with how much the little kids have grown. We were able to talk to him for two and a half hours!!!
It was a great mother's day spent with the ones we love the most. Can't wait to get together agian next month for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment