Sunday, May 11, 2014

Vegas Vacation

Saturday morning we got up and moving so we could get to Maddi's volleyball tournament. Mom had packed us some chairs to sit in and we had brought plenty of snack, water, and entertainment for the girls. I love watching volleyball...always have. I remember going to watch Nic all the time when she played so I was way excited. I'm sad we don't live closer so we could go watch more often.
 The girls took turns rotating where they sat but spent plenty of time on grandma and papa's laps.
 Maddi's team played great and it was fun to watch. The girls were so excited to see Maddi every time she would hit the ball. Hallie would cheer, "you have to win, hit the ball, go red team." I am very competitive and protective which is sometimes a bad combination. But had a great time watching and cheering.

                                                 
The tournament was supposed to wrap but about 1pm but they decided to run the brackets different and we hadn't even gotten into it. Dad and Matt ran to get some food but Gracie was getting so tired. The sweet lady next to us gave her a blanket that was folded into a pillow. She laid down with her ponies and binki. After a few more minutes I looked down and she was covering her ears as well but never quite fell asleep.
                                                 
The tournament wrapped up about 5pm. Maddi's team ended up taking 2nd after losing in the championship game. We were all tired and hungry so we headed for home. It was so hot outside and we couldn't wait to get home and in the pool. Maddi asked if she and I could have some girl time and just talk so while she and I talked Matt took the girls swimming. Hallie and grandpa had a squirt gun war full of squealing and giggling.
 My sweet husband and cute girls loving life
 After everyone got cooled down Matt got showered and headed to his "work meeting" at the Super Cross. They had amazing tickets in the pits where they could wander around and see everything first hand
 Matt and his buddy JJ

While Matt was gone the girls and I had dinner, showered, and then decided to paint our toenails. Gracie was so excited and wanted them painted bright blue with one hand purple. Hallie wanted hers all "Elsa" blue. I love having little girls.
 The following pictures are brought to you by our photographer Hallie.

 My mom will kill me when she see this
Yet another day of fun in the sun with some of the ones we love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment