Sunday, May 18, 2014

Performing Arts Day 2014

Every year a couple weeks before the recital Chalee sets up the performing arts day to give the kids some practice before the actual recital. After a morning full of her last soccer game, yard work, and nap time Hallie was super excited to get all dressed up and head to her performance. I can't believe how big our little girl is getting. She looks so grown up all dressed up. Isn't she beautiful...inside and out? 
 Matt started his weekend class so it was just the girls and I before the show. Hallie really wanted a picture with her sister. Words can't explain how much these 2 love each other and it melts my heart. Gracie completely looks up to Hallie and wants to do everything she does.
Just as we got to the amphitheater she told me she was nervous she wouldn't remember her dance. I told her to do her best and that would be enough. She gave me a huge hug, told me she loved me, and went to line up with her class. I want her to realize that no matter what she does with life as long as she does her best I will be so proud of her and will love her always. A couple of our neighbors girls dance with the same company and they were nice enough to save us some seats. Shortly after the show started Matt showed up having ditched the last half hour of class. I was so glad he had made it and in plenty of time before Hallie performed. Gracie was so good. It was hot in the sun and very little shade to hide under. She was content to sit on my lap and eat snacks while being mesmerized by the dancers and music.
Once Hallie got on stage her smile never left her face. Set in her starting position.







Her final pose....couldn't be more perfect look at that smile and those straight little arms!! So in love with her
 Her whole class and teachers
After she was able to leave her class she ran over and hugged me she said "Mom I did it! I did my best and I remembered the dance! I did it!" We couldn't be any more proud of her and the little girl she is and is becoming. I'm so proud to be her mom. Here is the video of her performance. I was really impressed she remembered a lot more than she did last year and has improved.
After the show we did some visiting with our neighbors while the kids played or more like climbed
 Gracie was being so silly and full of giggles it was hard to get her to focus so here are the family pictures we got....feeling so blessed!

 Then it was off to grab some dinner we were all starving seeing as it was after 7pm. One of our neighbors(the lindsey's) invited us to dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe. The food was good but the company was great. Our family mostly knows Cierra, their oldest, from her babysitting our girls but we found we have a lot in common and had plenty to talk about. The kids became fascinated with the amazing balloon artist and were antsy waiting for their turn to ask for the animal they wanted. Gracie wanted a caterpillar...ok...but she was super excited about it. It was even perfect size for her to tuck under her arm and carry it around 
 Hallie and Olivia both wanted ponies they turned out really cute and the kids were thrilled with them.
 And of coarse the silly face...lol
I was a great day/evening spent making memories and new friends. Matt and I feel so blessed to have 2 healthy and wonderful kids. Hallie did such a great job and we couldn't be prouder of her. Hopefully this is the beginning of many more years of dance performances and making new friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment