Friday, May 23, 2014

Zoo Day with the Holmgrens

Mindi is one of my friends that I can go months without talking or seeing her and when we get together its like we were never apart. We laugh, catch up, and just have a good time. We have been trying to go to the zoo for a while now...like we were going to go before Lexi was born and it didn't work out but now Lexi is 6 months old and we finally went today. Initially I was worried we would be so hot but it ended up being overcast and at some points a little cool for our summer wardrobe it really doesn't get much better than it was today weather wise. We all met just in time to eat lunch. After we attempted to eat between catching up and the kids just wanting to play we ventured out to see all the animals. After San Diego I was happy to have a zoo that we could easily walk in a couple hours. Here the kids all got to see how the elephants uses it sense of smell to communicate.
All the birdies in the bird nest
The silly birdies

The river otters are so cool and are really entertaining.

Hallie kept talking about how cranky the gorillas looked. I asked her to give me her best gorilla impression and this is what I ended up with.

I love these girls of mine and all the time I get to spend with them. 
We stopped at the splash pad before calling it a day just a some pretty dark storm clouds rolled in. Just as we got to the car it started to rain. I don't think we could have timed it any better. What a fun day playing and catching up with forever friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment