Sunday, May 18, 2014

Soccer & Vanilla

With spring soccer coming to a close(Hallie played her last game Saturday)we finally found a good deal on some soccer goals. We have been looking for some since the season started and last week KSL ran a deal so we jumped at the opportunity to buy some. Im not sure who was more excited Matt or the girls. We are excited to use them and get Hallie more ready for soccer next season.
Team soccer picture
 On to another topic...back in October I saw an article about vanilla and the varying qualities out there on the market. After reading it I became interested in finding out how to make my own vanilla. I did quite a bit of research, found a recipe, and put my plan into action. I ordered the bottles and vanilla beans online and all that was left was to get the alcohol. Funny enough I decided to take the girls with me to the liquor store I had no idea what to expect but it went fine. What was really comical was when I told Matt....pretty priceless.

I originally started them in October to possibly use them for Christmas but after doing more research I found the longer it sets the better so I decided to let them sit longer. It has now been 6 months and from what I'm told it is fabulous. I have never made and don't claim to be an expert but I will totally do it again. Key to success with this is patience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment