Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Fall Trip to the Zoo

If you would have asked me a couple months ago I would have thought that our warm days for trips to the zoo were over but this fall seems to just keep going and going minus a few days here and there when it attempts to be winter but then quickly returns to mild fall weather. Last Friday was one of those such days so I called Nic and we got ready and headed for Salt Lake. Before heading to the zoo we stopped at Gardner Village to get supplies to make the girls necklaces for Chris and Krissy's Wedding. They are going to be so cute I can hardly stand it. Then we loaded up and headed back to the zoo on the way we grabbed some lunch and the kids could hardly wait to get there. When we got there we were thrilled to see it was slow and not many people there. So we left the strollers in the car and let the kids enjoy the day and run to their hearts content. We made a quick stop to the potties the kids were fascinated with hand dryers..lol
 Then we were off and running. Most of the animals were out and active which makes it so much more fun. All the elephants were together eating. The kids thought it was funny that they were eating "dirt"
We made a long stop to the play ground. The kids ran up and down and back and forth while Nic and I visited and sat on a near by bench. I love when the zoo isn't busy and we can just let them run around without to much worrying. Then we headed to my favorite part of the zoo, rocky shores. The seals and sea lions didn't disappoint.
 Our Silly Selfie
 Gracie was fascinated with them I couldn't get her to turn around for a picture so this is what we got 

By the time we finished Rocky Shores we were all getting tired so we decided to check out the tigers and gorillas and then call it a day. We headed for home so we could help Nic get ready for a baby shower before we ourselves headed for home to call it a day. That night Matt and I went on the 1st date night we have been on in a LONG time! We went to my work party at the hospital that they had catered. It was a great time spent with some great people I love working with. Its nice to introduce Matt to my coworkers so he can get an idea as to why I love my job. It was a busy but fun day enjoying the mild weather. Im grateful for sisters that no matter how busy they are make the time to spend time with us. I know when I call I will always find a listening and loving ear on the other end. I couldn't ask for better.


No comments:

Post a Comment