Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fall Days

Occasionally I have a day where I feel well enough to be productive and those days I seem to over do it and pay for it later but such is our lives right now. Last week we had a day where I had volunteered to take dinner to one of my friends in the ward that is pregnant and super sick. I was hoping that since I was trying to serve others that the lord would give me the energy that I needed to take care of my obligation and sure enough it seemed to work. The girls and I made Lion House rolls, chicken and wild rice soup, and sugar cookies. Hallie has really started to take an interest in cooking and I find she eats better when she actually helps make it. She was so excited to roll out the dough for the rolls and here she is spreading the butter around before we cut them and flipped them. I have always loved to cook/bake when something sounds good and it makes it even more fun that now I have a partner.

Im excited fro one day to have a bigger kitchen with a big island for all my cooking/baking. But for now Im grateful for the memories that we are making in this kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment