Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Girl Trip to Tremonton

Nic and I have found ourselves alone with our kids frequently with our hubbies working long hours. Although this is a sucky situation we have tried to make the best of it by spending our time together. We frequently visit the zoo, hang out at one or the others house, or do some shopping. This time of year the zoo is getting a little cold. But when we found out about the craft fair in Garland we decided to load up the kids and take a trip for the day. Anytime we go to Tremonton we have to plan eating stops to our favorite spots. On our way up the kids watched a movie while Nic and I visited. It was nice that they were hooked down in their car seats so we can visit disruption free thanks to the movie. Our 1st stop was the pie dump for hot rolls. The weather was yucky, rainy, and cold so the rolls were perfect. The kids ate their doughnut holes while Nic and I enjoyed our rolls. 
 mmm...doughnuts
 Then we headed to the craft fair. When we were little I remember going to the craft fair with my mom. We always got to pick a treat or something fun. We saw quite a few people we knew from Deweyville and that was really fun. Ultimately I ended up buying Hallie some bubble necklaces for Christmas and calling it a day. We loaded up and and called Pizza Plus to order some bread sticks to eat on the way home. This place also holds many memories Matt and I both worked here in high school and it was a lot of fun. The bread sticks are just as good as I remembered. It has been a very long time since I had one and luckily I didn't pay for it too badly. 
It doesn't sound like much but it was a great way to spend the cold, snowy day with adult conversation and great company. I love my sisters and the built in best friends they have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment