Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Parent Day-Kindergarten 2015

 Hallie was excited for her 1st parent day. The kids and herself in the class had been working hard to make sure they had it all just right. They each recited a poem, wrote a word on the board, and the class sang some songs to show they had learned the days of the week and how to count to 20. Then Ms. Hansen her teacher gave each of the kids an award. Hallie got hers for being a good helper that helped Ms. Hansen remember to get everything done she had told the kids they would do in the day. Hallie was really excited about the medal and then we got to do an art project with them. It was a lot of fun. Hallie is on the 2nd set of reading books and has already met and surpassed most of the requirements she has to have to advance to 1st grade. This girls loves to learn and is so smart! She says some of the funniest things and acts well beyond her age. She is a huge help to me both in how responsible she is and how eager she is to help me with just about everything. Gracie has a great example to look up to. Last week I was having a hard time, I felt like the girls weren't listening and I didn't have much patience. Matt was out of town which made it that much more stressful. I lost my patience, yelled, and put the kids to bed early. After I got them tucked in I felt guilty and apologized to both girls. The next morning before they were awake I was reading parenting articles about how to get your kids to listen without yelling. Hallie came in and asked what I was doing. I explained to her what I was reading and her reply was, "Those will be really good for you." I couldn't help but laugh...oh the honesty of children.






No comments:

Post a Comment