Saturday, May 23, 2015

2 Week Visit

Emery is already 2 weeks old I'm having those moments that I want to freeze time so she will stay little longer. I do think it has been harder to really enjoy all the cuddles and snuggles I would like while still chasing around 2 other girls. I will be really glad when school is out and then we can make our own schedule. I think we are now getting on a schedule where they all nap together and when it does happen I usually will hold Emery the entire time so that helps a lot. She has been hit and miss with how she sleeps at night she has a couple times that she sleeps 4-5 hour stretches but usually is up between 1-3 for a night feeding and seems to really struggle getting back to sleep after that which is exhausting. She usually settles about 4 but not for long because she is hungry and hour later and then she settles for a good 4 hours so right now we are trying to figure out how to change that so I can get more sleep. She still doesn't really cry just gives a warning cry that she needs something and then looks around to see if you are going to "save" her. She spends more time awake than I remember my other 2 doing this early but she is content to be held or just to look around. The girls think its just fun for her to be awake they love to just talk to her. Th eyucky cold crap is still going around the girls have had runny noses and now Emery has had some stuffiness....grr! But what do you do? The Dr. said not to worry unless she slows down on her eating or wet diapers which she has done neither. It just makes me want to never leave the house. At her 2 week check she weighed 7 lbs 1.5 oz(35%) she is 20.25 in(50%) and her head is 14 in(55%). We scheduled for her to have her hip ultrasound since she was breech they have to check and make sure her ball and joint have developed correctly. At this point she has no hip click so they aren't worried just doing the ultrasound per protocol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment