Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 2-Visitors

Matt and I had decided from the beginning I would stay the full 48 hours this time to give me more time to recover before heading home. With Gracie Hallie was unable to visit due to cold/flu season so we decided to go home at the 24 hour mark and it was hard and I felt really crappy so I was happy to have a couple days of being waited on and having mostly uninterrupted cuddle time. The Dr. dropped by between 5 and 7 so we got up and moving for the day which meant a shower and some breakfast. Shortly after that Thyler called to see if he could drop by and visit. It was good to see him and catch up for a few minutes before he had to head to work. 


After that Matt ran home to shower and see how things were going at home. He was supposed to go to a couple meetings but as the day went he decided to stay with me and the baby and I was completely ok with that! We took a few naps and ordered room service multiple times. We had plans to work on house stuff but none of that really seemed important so we just hung out and tried to decide on a name. 


Neither one of us liked the other name. Although we were both willing to go with what the other one wanted we both wanted something we both liked so we went back to the drawing board. Matt started listing names about 10 minutes in he said, what about Emery? After a brief discussion Emery was put on the short list to come back and discuss. But then we were left with a small issue of her middle name. We originally were going to give her the initial of M for Matt in case we never have a boy. And lets be honest Emery M. just doesn't sound great so we decided to think about it and come back to it later.


Just before dinner time Joy came up with the girls again. They were once again thrilled to see us...mostly the baby. They each got a turn to hold her. We mentioned the name Emery to them and at first they were hesitant since they had like Addy for so long but quickly warmed up to it and I think for the first time we were all feeling good about 1 name but we decided to sleep on it and make a final decision in the morning. 




After Chris got off work later that evening he and Krissy came for a visit. Krissy is a lot like me with new babies and couldn't get enough there were a few times when Chris was having a turn that he was talking to Matt and she would give him a look like if you aren't going to pay attention to her than give her back to me! But everyone got in some cuddles while they were there. The boys were being silly and goofing around with some new app while Krissy and I talked about the happenings of our previous couple days. 


By the time Chris and Krissy left I was exhausted and ready for bed. But before I could get to bed a couple girls I work with came to visit. I really enjoyed our visit and love my NICU family. I enjoyed the visitors we had but was grateful that we hadn't had very many so we could just enjoy some peace and quiet and try to rest. That night the nurses didn't bother us at all. I finally talked Matt into coming to cuddle with me in my bed and we slept that way until the next morning. We sent Emery to the nursery once again to have a bottle for one feeding so we could get some good sleep. The weather the past couple of days was perfect it was rainy and cold so just perfect to stay cuddled up and inside. The time goes all to quickly once the baby gets here and all I can ever think is slow down time and try to cherish every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment