Friday, May 22, 2015

Aunt Nikki to the Rescue

Last week I had over done it on Wed so Thurs I was really paying for it so I called for back up....hence aunt Nikki. She got the kids ready and headed right up. She even made sure that we had dinner for the next couple days covered. The kids played while Nic visited with me as well as doing some cleaning and tidying up. I don't know that Nic will ever know how much this means to me. I know that if I ever need anything she is only a call away and she will drop what she is doing and come help me. I also hope that she knows I would do the same thing for her.  She came with multiple bags of goodies for us and gifts from both my mom and Kimber. 
When it was time for her to head for home she offered to take Hallie with her for a sleepover. Hallie jumped at the chance to play with Rigs more. As she was packing to leave Gracie was telling her how much she would miss her and how much she loved her. Nic then asked Grace if she wanted to go as well and she also was excited and said yes so we quickly packed her as well. As I helped get the girls in the car my heart sunk. I missed them already and wasn't quite sure with just one child. After Nic left I fell apart and cried on and off the rest of the night. It was so weird and hard. I knew they were having a ball but I selfishly wanted them to come home and never leave. Nic called and let me talk to each of them before bedtime and then she and I talked for a few minutes. She felt bad that I was having a hard time and as I explained my feelings she completely understands how I feel. Both our husbands are gone...alot. We are both in places in our lives where we have our kids(mostly on our own) 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and although its nice to have a break it feels unnatural. I don't know what its like to go somewhere by myself, to not buckle kids, and have little hands to hold in the store. It might sound crazy to some people but this is our lives. The following day Nic brought the kids back home and helped me run a few errands that I needed to get done and it was nice to get out of the house but still know that I had help if I needed it. Im grateful for my sisters, for their friendship, unconditional love, and thoughtfulness. Im grateful that they don't judge me even though I know Im not perfect. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment