Sunday, September 4, 2016

Labor Day Weekend & Mia's Baby Blessing

After much debate we finally go on the road to Reno for Labor Day weekend. I ended up having to call in and got in trouble but I was frustrated since I told them I couldn't work that weekend and they scheduled me anyways. You would think only being scheduled twice a month wouldn't cause so many scheduling conflicts but it has been bad lately. But after I offered to work a couple extras the following week they weren't quite as made. Anyways we left about noon on Friday in hopes of not getting there to late. The girls and I packed and cleaned the car Thursday night so we would be ready when Matt got home from work.

We were unsure as to how everyone especially Em would ride but to our surprise everyone did great and we made 2 stops for gas one which included dinner. We got there about bedtime so we bathed the kids and got into bed early knowing it would be a napless weekend. The following morning everyone met at our hotel and we headed to do a short hike to a lake near Tahoe. It was an ok hike not one we would do again it was dusty and didn't really lead to anywhere but the girls ran ahead with their cousins and Matt and I ended up getting left in the dust so we just visited and enjoyed out time together.
 





On our way we ran into a man with his horse that we nice enough to let the kid pet the horse and give him a treat. I was surprised that the girls remembered how to feed and approach a horse....maybe they do listen when I talk to them...lol



When we got the end(a parking lot) we had lunch and the kids enjoyed chasing the squirrels while people passed around the baby and visited.

 
 
Then we convinced everyone that we should go to Tahoe and I was so glad we did. I wish we would have spent our whole day her...it was beautiful. Next time we will know
 
The thought originally was that we would just put our feet in but it was so wonderful to sit in the sun with our feet in the sand. The kids splashed in the water and giggled until their sides hurt. This is definitely more my scene.
 
 

 

The water is so clear you can see for a very long ways all the way to the bottom
Krissy and I found ourselves a little run off stream to sit and visit. It was also a perfect spot for Em to play. She has such a great and amazing out look on life. She and Chris do a good job of living their own lives and staying out of the family (for lack of a better word) drama. They are really wanting to have kids right now but its not coming easily for them. I feel in my heart that it will happen for them and I know Krissy feels that way as well its just frustrating in the mean time.
Carson, Gracie, and Hallie build a walk over/bridge for our run off stream
 
 
 
 
 
After a bit the rest of the families left and Matt and I decided to stay for a while longer. We went to watch them catch crawdads and climb on the rocks. I love this little family of mine and our adventures. Matt and I have been contemplating whether to not to have more kids and its funny sometimes to think this is our little forever family but if that's what God wants than I am beyond blessed. But Im excited to see what the future holds for us.




The girls called this the Ariel rock since it looks like the rock Ariel splashes out of the surf with...they of coarse needed a picture
 
Hallie loves treasures just like Tinkerbell. She lost her penny and was supper sad we couldn't find that or her gem when we left the beach
Em and dad take lots of selfies of their cute faces
She was so tired. She didn't sleep great at night although she did much better than our last hotel trip
Gracie used to do this where she would put more than one binki in her mouth at a time...pretty silly if you ask me
All of the girl enjoyed the pool even Em. We found that she can even where the puddle jumper supervised of coarse since she is to little to flip herself over
She liked floating

Sunday morning we got up and moving and ate the leftovers from our Sat breakfast before heading to the church for the baby blessing. Since church started at 11 we made it without problem. Em fell asleep on the way to church so once we got there I sat in the car with Em until she woke up which was just in time for church. I felt bad for Nick and Brit they had left the hotel early and when we got to the church they weren't there. While I was sitting with Em they pulled in and I guess they had gone to Tiff's house but they were already on their way to the church so they had run all over and Brit was pretty upset. But we all made it to the church on time for the blessing
After the sacrament I let the girls get out their church activity bag and they turned our row into a sweat shop...lol it was a very quiet sweat shop though. It was funny to look down the row and see all the kids doing this

None of Aaron's family had come and I felt really sad about that and was really glad that we had made the sacrifices to be there with them on their special day. After we went back to their house and had lunch. This is our group selfie...good job babes.
We originally were going to drive to Elko to break up the drive but decided to make a run for home and see how it went. It went better than any of us thought it would for sure. The girls each slept for an hour or two once we left Tiff's house. Em slept the first 2 hours as well as the last 2 hours so she was only awake for the 4 hours in the middle. We got home about 1145 and got the kids to bed...happy to be home in our own beds.
The drive ended up going way better than we had planned we stopped very few times we all did great. One of the only things I like about driving is being able to talk to Matt for hours at a time. The girls were happy to watch a show and that left Matt and I a lot of uninterrupted time to talk. But I think next time we will fly and stay at Tahoe so we can play in the water more...maybe next summer




No comments:

Post a Comment