Saturday, September 17, 2016

The BIG Disney Reveal and Off We Go

Saturday morning came and it was finally time to tell the kids we were going to Disneyland we got everything ready to go. 
We had one hiccup...Gracie's eye was almost swollen shut. Friday it was slightly swollen and she said she had hit herself in the eye with a tree branch so I decided to just watch it but when she woke up on Saturday and it was more swollen I decided I needed to take her to the dr. So instead of going to soccer I took her and Em to the Dr while Matt took Hallie to her soccer game. Once we got to the Dr I was so glad I had taken her in because she had cellulitis in the skin around her eye. They put her on 2 antibiotics(1 oral/1 eye gtts) and we were on our way. 
I had Gracie sit and watch a show so I could set up the scavenger hunt and finished packing a few things while Hallie was still at soccer. Once Hallie and Matt got home we got the girls started







They ran from one clue to the next and were squealing/laughing the whole way. Matt recorded the whole thing...it was so fun to watch.
The end of the scavenger hunt was all their prizes for the trip. They were so excited. They were screaming and totally freaking out .They had no idea. Once they calmed down Hallie asked when we were going and when Matt told her we needed to leave in less than an hour they started freaking out and screaming again.
I love their little matching outfits...and after a few pictures it was time to get in the car and head to the airport

We got to the airport without a problem but getting all our luggage to the airport was quite the task. We had 5 suitcases, 2 back packs, a diaperbag, a laptop bag, 1 carseat, and 2 boosters plus Em that needed to be carried. The shuttle dropped us off right in between the skycap and the actual desk se we figured we might as well take our own luggage in. Matt hooked 4 of the suitcases together and pulled them. Each of the girls took their backpacks and their boosters. I took Em, my diaperbag, the last suitcase and put Em's carseat over my shoulder. I'm sure we looked like quite the circus. Once we got to the counter the attendant was really rude about the fact we forgot Em's birth certificate but finally let us go. Matt and I were already exhausted and we weren't even on the plane yet.
Luckily for us the plane ride was much better and was a quick flight to LAX.

Then we had to once again move our luggage to the shuttle to get to the rental car spot. At least at this point we had a system and it went much better. 
It was a quick ride to the rental car. We got a minivan. I had always wanted to try one just because I had never driven one but I quickly realized I didn't like it al all and felt like I was riding in a car so low to the ground...I'll keep my SUV thanks. The LA traffic was terrible and I found California to be really ugly and over rated for sure but we didn't come to see Cali so I was ready to get some dinner and get to the hotel. After sitting in traffic for over an hour we found a little chinese place and grabbed some dinner to take back to the hotel. We got unpacked and settled in and then devised our plan for our first day at Disneyland the following day. We were planning on watching the fireworks from our hotel window but we were all asleep before they started. It was a long travel day but I was also very glad we hadn't driven. We also rented a pack-n-play as well as a double jogger stroller to take with us so it was a couple less things we had to pack. It was a really smart idea and Matt and I were so glad we had done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment