Wednesday, July 15, 2015

20 Hour Power Outage

Weds brought another lazy day thanks to the large amount of rain we got and we were ok with that. Matt flew out to Washington DC and wouldn't be back until Friday. This was his first over night trip since Em was born and although I wish it hadn't come so soon its nice that he is traveling a lot less. We did some baking and enjoyed lots of cuddles on the couch.
Hallie decided she wanted to plan a girls movie night since Matt was gone. They chose Pitch Perfect. Her and Gracie set up the beds while I cleaned up dinner and of coarse Em needed a spot by them as well. It was so cute how excited Hallie was to have it. 

Then about 7:30pm the power went out. They were so sad they couldn't finish watching their movie. I called Rocky Mountain and they said it should be back on about 10 pm so we found all the flashlights, read a few stories, and got the girls in bed. But they didn't go to sleep it was one thing after another. It was to dark, they were scared so we moved Hallie upstairs into Emery's room so we were all together so maybe we could get some sleep. 10 pm came and went and still no power but we headed to bed any ways. I figured by the time morning came we would wake up to the power back on. What I didn't know is that that was only wishful thinking. I called when I got up to feed Em about 6 and was told it should be on by 7. Then 7 came and went and then they said 10 then 10 came and went so we decided to get out of the house and head to the park. Luckily we have been blessed with cooler temperatures so the house was staying cool or we probably would have had to find a place to go. Erin and her kids joined us and they all had a great time. For the first time Emery was awake for part of the park. She seemed to really enjoy just looking around and taking it all in. 

We came home about 1:30 and the power was still out. I have never had the power be out for so long before! I wasn't really sure what to do. But when we got home we found this out in the parking lot. I guess the transformer had completely blown up and they had to bring in a new one. After lunch I put the kids down for naps and about 2:40 the power came on! I was hesitant and waited for it to go out again but luckily it stayed on. The girls were so excited when they woke up and the power was back on. I really missed the electricity and it makes me even that much more grateful to have it now. I told Matt that he is no longer allowed to leave ever since bad things happen when he leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment