Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Framing Day 2--July 21

Tuesday was another great day filled with framing. Matt even got some extra help along with Chris and Jon. Ben and Nick were able to spend most of the day up helping them. Its amazing what they can get done with a few extra guys that know what they are doing. About 5 pm the girls and I headed their way with dinner. Just as we got to the top of the canyon I heard a strange noise and pulled over to see what it was. As I was looking for a place to pull off my tire pressure sensor went off and I knew something wasn't good. I got out and saw that my right rear tire was completely flat and blowing more out pretty loudly. I immediately called Matt to come rescue me and went to work getting the jack out and the suburban up in the air. I am more than capable of changing a tire but I knew that it would probably take me longer by myself and I wanted the dinner to still be at least warm when the boys ate it. PS I don't think I realized how much work it was going to be fore me when Matt decided to frame the house...naive...probably but hey I have never done this before. Dinner takes up a pretty good portion of my day by the time I make dinner, pack all the stuff to eat it, load everyone up, drive there, eat, visit, and help some it is usually 3 hours at least. Some days this is way easier than others depending on how the rest of my day has gone. But its a great chance for the girls and I to see Matt since he has been working 16 hour days and to feed and thank the people that have come to help us out. They were able to finish framing the bearing walls in the basement and get all the joists on before the sun went down.
North view
Did you notice half of the dirt is missing?!? A developer in a nearby development wants all of it for a house they are building. They came today and took half and will be back for the rest of it tomorrow! The only problem is I now have no hill to stand on to take pictures but I do have a backyard now!
 North West corner
 South west corner
 South West Corner
 South West Corner
 South East Corner
 Meet Olly he is our soon to be neighbors dog and our girls are so in love with him. He is a Australian Labradoodle. He is the sweetest/softest thing ever. He was very curious about Emery and wanted to check her out. Emery wasn't sure what to think of this fluffy friend but didn't seem to mind him.
We are getting into a routine of going to the lot each evening to take dinner. After we eat the girl help clean up and now that we have a dumpster they love to clean up all the trash from the day. I have started sweeping the basement and cleaning up random nails and such. I don't think my kids have ever gotten this dirty consistently but when they are having so much fun how can you blame them. Gracie's face last night was so filthy.
The favorite thing of collecting the trash is climbing the ladder on the dumpster to put it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment