Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cousin Time in the Water

A couple weeks ago Brit and the kids came down to swim with us at our complex pool. It was nice to let them play in the water and be close enough to come home if I needed to for Em. We had a good time I think we will have to do it a lot more. Then on Tues Brit invited us to join them at Mantua Reservoir. They had borrowed some kayaks so we went to try them out. When we got there I knew immediately we didn't plan well enough. There was no shade and it was really hot. The girls had a great time playing in the water and taking turns going for rides in the kayaks. I did my best to keep Emery cool but she hated the water and there wasn't really anywhere to get her out of the sun so I resorted to holding her and using my body and a lightweight blanket to keep her as cool as I could.  

Preston came over and said he was cold so I made him a spot to lay in  the sun. I really thought he would fall asleep...I would have but he didn't.

Nick came to join us and cool down after he got off work
Brit was nice enough to hold Em for a few minutes while I took the kids for a ride in the kayaks...I think they both enjoyed it
All of the kids decided to try and get into/on one of the kayaks but it wasn't long before it was sinking
And then they tipped over
After a couple hours we called it quits and headed for home. It was a fun time but next time we will go better prepared for the heat with our little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment