Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Adjusting to New Schedules is HARD!

This new schedule to put it nicely...sucks! I really am hating life right now. This is a run down of our days. Matt and I get up between 7:15 & 7:30 and then wake Hallie up. Matt leaves for work and I get Hallie fed and ready for school. About 8-8:10 we load up in the car to take Hallie to the bus stop. Which means I have to wake Gracie up and I try to transfer Emery to her car seat in hopes she will stay asleep. Gracie usually cries about how she is so tired which kills me. It is against about everything I am as a mom to wake my kids up. After dropping Hallie off at the bus we come home and get the rest of us ready for the day. Most days Emery goes back to sleep while Gracie and I get ready and do some cleaning up or start the to do list for the day. We usually run errands during this time if needed. By about 11-12 Gracie starts to get whiny and tired so we eat lunch and get her down for a nap by 1. Both girls have been so tired lately that they sleep until we need to pick Hallie up at the bus at 4.  A couple times a week I find myself crawling into bed for a nap with them. This schedule is exhausting to me. By that time its time to get dinner ready and settle in for the night to do homework, piano, or gymnastics. But most days we usually load up and head to the lot to take Matt dinner and help out as much as we can before we have to be home to get the kids to bed at a decent time so they can get some sleep before starting all over again. I hate it and I feel so trapped in the fact that I can't do anything about it. Hallie and Gracie have both said how much they miss just getting to play with their toys and each other. It really breaks my heart..this new schedule. I hope we can find a way for it to work better for our little family soon. If Hallie didn't like school so dang much I would pull her out of school and look into other options! I have even considered homeschooling them but lets be honest I probably really couldn't handle that. The picture below is of one of our nap time last week. I miss the simplicity of our lives and I hope that one day soon we can find it again or Im not sure I will be sane. I miss morning cuddles on the couch and messy hair until lunch. I miss hours of stories or all day shopping trips with my girls. I just want to turn back time and enjoy every moment just a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment