Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 8---Are We Done Yet? Sept 7-12

 I really feel just like the title says. I feel like each week we fall further and further behind. If we ever do this again we will be subing out the framing. It is just to much work and stress for Matt. It is looking more finished a little at a time just not fast enough for any of us. By Monday the sheeting was complete and all the windows in. 









 Tuesday Matt and Jon got all the doors in Tuesday. The house looks way different with all the doors and windows.



With Matt out of town for work again on Friday Nic and I headed up to the house to clean and get ready for sheetrock to be delivered. Em was so good and just went to sleep in her rocker in her room which made it much easier to get stuff done. I miss having Hallie around on days like these she is so great at helping to keep track of the other kids and make sure they don't get in to much trouble. 
 The upstairs took us longer than what I was thinking since we vacuumed the entire thing although it looked amazing and so much bigger when it was all cleaned up and everything moved to the garage
 We had to head home to pick up Hallie about 4 from the bus. We only got the upstairs done and so I was planning on going back that evening or first thing Saturday morning. Nic was going to head home but then got a call form Kyle that he was going to go to the football game with his dad.  Knowing that Nic offered to come back up and help me. I was so relieved and grateful that she was willing to give up her entire day to help me and then willing to go back again even though we were both exhausted. So we pit stopped at home for dinner and to get reorganized. Just as we were headed out the door Britt called to see if we wanted to go bowling. I explained the situation and that we would have to come another time. A few minutes later she called me back and said their family was coming up to help us. I was so grateful and once off the phone called Matt crying. It has been so stressful building the house and with Matt out of town and me trying to get stuff on the house done while raising 3 kids by my self is a pretty daunting task so I am eternally grateful for the people that are willing to help me. Nic and I started on the basement and Nick & Brit started moving wood into the garage and filing the dumpster with scrap wood. I have no idea how long it would have taken Nic and I to get it done ourselves. I think we would have run out of light. Luckily with so much help we were finished in just under 2 hours!


 This is how we really felt!
 I don't know that words can really express the gratitude I have for the many hands that have helped us thus far. Matt and I are typically not ones to ask for help so this has been a hard and eye opening experience. Now to move forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment