Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Emery's Sick :/

On Tues Sept 8th Em got her 4 month shots. She did great but by Friday she was more fussy than usual. I called the pediatrician and since she had no fever, was eating, and peeing. They said to watch her but not to worry. Saturday nigh she was miserable and started with a fever but she just seemed uncomfortable and wanted to be held a lot. She also had diarrhea but she had had that previous the her shots but the ped said since she didn't have a fever they were going to give her vaccinations anyways so I wasn't to concerned. Sunday we stayed home from church and just let her rest as much as she could. 


 Her fever was all over the place from 100-102. I gave her a few doses of Tylenol when it got to 102 since it made me nervous and she was hit or miss from her fussiness. Monday I was supposed to go back to work but luckily I got called off which I was grateful for since I was going to call in sick anyways. 
 It was so strange she would be completely fine and they just start blood curdling screaming it was so sad. We tried some digestzen and lavendar as well as a low heat heating pad which seemed to help at times and not at all other times. When she was stil miserable on Monday I took her into the ped. They said they suspected she had rotavirus that she got from her vaccines the week before and to just keep her hydrated and comfortable while it ran its course.
Monday the 21st is the first day she is really back to herself. It has been a long road with her not sleeping, not eating, and just feeling crappy. She has had diarrhea and way more spitty than usual. I have a new appreciation for the parents that had chronic sick kids. It is so hard and Im so glad she is feeling better...finally. She loves bath time and is a major splasher so we may have to start putting her into a regular tub.

She has also started spending some time in her bumbo and I think that she quite likes being able to see everything going on more easily. Yesterday she was so thrilled to be sitting up like a big girl.



She is growing to fast. She is a major finger sucker and a big drooler. She also really likes her binki. After being sick she is off her schedule and unfortunately not sleeping thru the night(I really miss when she did) Although during the day she is great in the evening she gets really fussy at times and I assume is just working thru the remainder of her sickness. Hopefully we will get over that quickly


No comments:

Post a Comment